I am recruiting for a Design Team Purchaser in the North Yorkshire area to join the market leaders in manufacturing and supplier of gaming solutions and services to the casino industry worldwide. The worldwide market leaders in Live Gaming, Electronic Gaming, Utility Products, Gaming Systems and Support.
The Design Team Purchaser is a multi-functional role that will act as an operations coordinator within the development team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to expand their skills in a broad range of tasks within a diverse and dynamic environment, Initially the role will focus on purchasing activities but will then develop further into the below responsibilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Experience of working in a manufacturing environment driven by lead times, quality, and cost
A track record where attention to detail and keeping a multitude of activities running in parallel and on time are critical
Understanding of engineering drawings
Strong IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP systems
Liaising with internal departments
Liaising with UK based and international suppliers
Experience of products which are a combination of electronic and mechanical components would be beneficial
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Procurement: Responsible for driving the purchasing lifecycle of development parts and materials: raising request for quotations; negotiating cost and lead time; sending purchase orders; chasing suppliers for responses; receipt of goods and ensuring invoices and other paperwork are collected and processed
• Stock Control: Ensuring parts are available when needed for General R&D work, Pre-Production Builds, and First Off Production Builds. Minimising stock by ensuring components which are likely to change are purchased in minimum quantities
• Supplier Management: Inspection of received parts against drawings and providing feedback to suppliers. Collecting and monitoring KPI on suppliers. Seeking and selection of new suppliers
• Cost Monitoring: Compiling figures for spend into spreadsheets to monitor projects, R&D spend, and forecasting production component costs for products
• Liaison with production: Providing visibility of the status projects and maintaining communications with the main Purchasing, Finance and Quality teams at our Stoke manufacturing site
St George’s Recruitment – Betting & Gaming, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.